The Central Government has said that it is opening the process of vaccine registration for everyone above 18 years of age from 28 April onwards. Those above 18 can get vaccinated from 1 May in the third phase of inoculation.
All Indian adults eligible can register on the government’s Co-WIN portal, cowin.gov.in, or the Aarogya Setu app to get their coronavirus vaccine.
So far, only those over 45 and frontline workers were being vaccinated against Covid-19.
Taking to Twitter, MyGovIndia has said that phase 3 will begin on 1 May, and registrations for vaccination will begin soon through the CoWIN platform and the Aarogya Setu app. There is no app for the CoWIN site, and registrations can only be done through the website.
The inoculation process and documents to be submitted to get the jab remains the same.
Here’s how to register for Covid vaccine online?
Users need to register for the Covid-19 vaccine online before heading to the hospitals and getting their first dose.
Once the registration process for phase 3 begins, users can head to the CoWIN portal and Aargya Setu app to register for the Covid-19 vaccine. To register, check the steps mentioned here.
Register through CoWIN portal
- On the CoWIN website, click on Register/Sign in Yourself
- Put your mobile number, select Get OTP. An OTP should arrive on your cell. Type the digits on the site, and click on Verify.
- On the Register for Vaccination page, put all the details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth. Click on Register.
- Once registered, you will get the option to schedule an appointment, Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered.
- Enter your pin code and hit Search. The centres in the pin code will show up, select the date and time and click on Confirm.
- You can add up to four members through one login. It is easy to reschedule your appointment; the process is similar to how you schedule it.
Register through Aarogya Setu app
- Open the Aarogya Setu app, then click on CoWIN tab on the home screen
- Select Vaccination Registration, then enter phone number, then enter OTP
- Click on Verify, you will be directed to the Registration of Vaccination page
- Follow the same steps as mentioned in the ‘Process for registration through CoWIN portal’ guide.